Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Montana Visit September 2009


I thought I would start my blog with a few comments and photos from our recent trip to Montana.

We went for the wedding of the son, of our friends from Holland, which made it not only a wedding but also a reunion, as we haven't seen them in 5 years since we moved to the US.

We flew to Great Falls in Montana, which was about a 5 hour drive from where we needed to be in Whitefish, (on the way back we flew from Kalispell a 15 minute drive.


On the way there we stopped off to get some food,
as we left I noticed this wonderful day spa,
which I thought looked so luxurious I just
had to grab a photo. Just in case anyone wants
to go.

We drove through flat landscape, mountain passes, flanked by glacier country, and even Indian Reservations, and eventually we
reached our destination of Whitefish, a log cabin of three floors, sleeping five families on this particular occasion.

It was late when we arrived at our "cabin" so we didn't see too much of the outside, but when we did the view was well worth the wait.

1 comment: